Commuter Benefit Program
The Commuter Benefit Program offers you savings for your workplace mass transit expenses. Enrolling in this program saves you money each month, plus offers you convenient options and tools to make commuting easier. You can calculate your personalized tax savings by clicking on the Commuter Benefits Plan.
How does the Commuter Benefit Program save me money?
The Commuter Benefit Plan, eTRAC, allows you to set aside payroll deductions taken on a tax-free basis for qualified workplace mass transit expenses. Fordham Faculty, Administrators, and Local 810/153 employees qualify for this benefit.
What are eligible workplace commuting expenses?
Qualified workplace commuting expenses must be for mass transit expenses incurred between a residence and place of employment. Qualified mass transit expenses include: buses, trains, subways, ferries, and vans.
Am I paying more than I need to?
When you enroll in the plan, you will indicate how much you want to contribute to your Mass Transit account. By enrolling in this program, you can pay for qualified workplace mass transit expenses with tax-free contributions, meaning that you will not pay federal income taxes (may vary by state) on these expenses.
How do I determine my election amount?
When enrolling in the Commuter Benefit Program, you will need to make elections for your monthly qualified workplace mass transit expenses. The maximum tax-free amount that you can contribute is limited by the IRS, and is subject to change yearly. For current tax-free maximums, visit Benefits Resources.
How do I access my Commuter Benefit Plan?
After you enroll in the Commuter Benefit Program, you will receive the Beniversal Prepaid MasterCard or the eTRAC Prepaid MasterCard for use at qualified mass transit vendors.
Key Information to Note
- Commuter Benefits Plan funds must be used for qualified commuting expenses. Improper use of funds could result in plan restriction or termination of the plan.
- Your election(s) of funds will remain in effect until an election change is submitted. Check with Fordham on how and when the changes must be submitted.
- Unused cash balances will be carried forward to be used for future qualified expenses for that account. Excess cash balances cannot be refunded from the account and can only be used for qualified expenses.
- If you build up a balance, you may temporarily reduce your election to zero dollars ($0) in order to spend down the balance and remain active in the plan.
For account support, login to BRiWeb to manage your account, view balances and submit claims.
- Company Code: fordham
- Member ID: Your Social Security Number
- Password: Your Home Zip Code (You will be prompted to change your passcode upon your initial login.)
If you have any questions regarding eTRAC, please call 1-866-MYETRAC, or email the Fordham’s payroll services department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the BRiMobile App
BRiMobile is your on-the-go account access for viewing balances and recent transactions, as well as submitting claims. Download the BRiMobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
QuickBalance provides instant access to account balance information from any smartphone or web connection. Simply have your card available and call 888-99MYBAL or visit BRiWeb Resources.
For questions, please contact Participant Services:
Live Chat and Phone Inquiries Available: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
Live Chat: To access live chat, access your participant account.
Contact Number: 800-473-9595
Para obtener asistencia en español, llame al 800-473-9595.
Enterprise Rental Car
Enterprise Rental Car is offering Fordham Faculty and Staff a discount on car rentals once you have enrolled in its Emerald Club program. When you enroll in the Emerald Club, you begin earning points toward free rental days. The personal code for the Enterprise discount is #XZ241Y4.
Emerald Club members also receive 24/7 roadside assistance. Damage waiver and third-party liability protection are included as well. Moreover, Enterprise offers rental car delivery to/from your home or campus and vehicle curbside pickup.
Enterprise has expanded its cleaning protocols to include:
- Enhanced cleaning guidance for vehicles, shuttles and branch locations;
- New branch signage, plus notifications confirming vehicles have been cleaned with particular attention to 20-plus high-touch points; and
- Alignment with the USTA’s Health and Safety Guidelines.
To learn more, please contact:
Regional Business Sales Manager
SOLE Bicycles is offering Fordham employees a 15 percent discount when using the discount code FORDHAM15. To view the array of available bicycles, visit the website. Questions? Please contact customer service at 844-336-SOLE (7653) between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time). You can also email your questions to email@example.com.