Fordham is committed to providing resources to further our university's diversity and inclusion efforts. We have pulled a list of articles, books, and reports that you can use to further your education on inclusion. If there are resources that you know about that are not listed, please contact X.
Articles and Reports
- How Elite Colleges Treat Low-Income Students
- The ‘Hidden Mechanisms’ That Help Those Born Rich to Excel in Elite Jobs
- A Strategy for Campus Belonging
- America's Unmet Promise
- Williams, D. A. (2013). Strategic Diversity Leadership: Activating Change and Transformation in Higher Education. Stylus Publishing, LLC..
- Steele, C. M. (2011). Whistling Vivaldi: How Stereotypes Affect Us and What We Can Do. WW Norton & Company.
- Jack, A. A. (2019). The Privileged Poor: How Elite Colleges are Failing Disadvantaged Students. Harvard University Press.
- Kendi, I.X. (2020). How to be an Antiracist. Random House.
- Kendi, I. X. (2017). Stamped From the Beginning: The Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America. Random House.
- Harley, S., Hawkesworth, M., Litt, J. S., Wall, C., Hartman, M., Dill, B. T., ... & Grogan, M. (2008). Doing Diversity in Higher Education: Faculty Leaders Share Challenges and Strategies. Rutgers University Press.
- Pollock, M. (Ed.). (2008). Everyday Antiracism: Getting Real About Race in School. The New Press.
- Tatum, B. D. (2017). Why Are All the Black Kids Sitting Together in the Cafeteria?: And Other Conversations About Race. Basic Books.
- Chun, E., & Evans, A. (2015). The Department Chair as Transformative Diversity Leader: Building Inclusive Learning Environments in Higher Education. Stylus Publishing, LLC.