What is eTRAC?
eTRAC is a Commuter Benefit Plan that allows an employee to set aside payroll deductions taken on a tax-free basis for qualified workplace mass transit expenses.
Who is eligible to participate?
Employees that qualify for this benefit are Full-time Faculty members, Administrators, Local 153 members and Local 810 members.
What are eligible commuting expenses?
Qualified workplace commuting expenses must be for mass transit expenses incured between a residence and place of employment. Qualified mass transit expenses include:
- van pools
How do I determine my election amount?
When enrolling in a commuter benefit plan, you will need to make elections for your monthly qualified expenses for mass transit. The maximum tax-free amount you can contribute is limited by the IRS, and is subject to change each year.
- The current year pre-tax benefit is $260 per month. (You can have more than $260 deducted from your pay per month, but only $260 will be pre-tax)
This is the method for determining your election:
If you will use the the Beniversal Prepaid MasterCard or eTRAC Prepaid MasterCard, your election should equal your total monthly expenses. This will ensure your card if fully funded for purchases. Any amount exceeding the tax-free limits will be taken on an after-tax basis.
Once your payroll deductions begin, they will be posted to the corresponding account and will then be available for use for qualified workplace commuting expenses related to that account.
How do I enroll?
1. Go to http://www.BenefitResource.com.
2. Click on Participants from the Secure Login section at the top of the page. The secure Participant Login will open in a new window.
TIP: Bookmark this page for easy reference in the future!
3. Log in to the website using your Login ID and Password:
a. If this is your first time visiting, you will need to register your account. To register, you will need the following:
Company Code: fordhamu
Member ID: Typically a 9-digit number assigned by your employer
Personal Info: First name, last name, date of birth, zip code
Access to email or phone number on file with Benefit Resource
b. Follow prompts to select a new Login ID/Password. A confirmation code will be emailed or sent as a text message*.
*messaging rates may apply
4. From the Dashboard, click on the Enrollment/Changes link at the bottom left of the screen.
5. Click on the Continue Enrollment button next to the plan for which you wish to enroll or make a change.
6. Follow the prompts to complete your enrollment. This will include validating demograhic data, selecting an election amount(s), and reading and agreeing to applicable Terms and Conditions.
7. An email with a confirmation code and new election amount(s) will be sent to the email address on file. Retain this for your records.
Who do I contact if I need assistance?
If you have any questions regarding eTRAC, please call Benefit Resource Participant Services at 800-473-9595. Representatives are available to assist you Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm (Eastern Time). You may also email Payroll Services at email@example.com