School of Professional and Continuing Studies or Gabelli School of Business Evening Students
Financial Aid Renewal Philosophy
All attempts are made to renew aid at the previous year’s level provided the criteria, as well as all other requirements specific to the award are met. If you are currently receiving financial aid or scholarships from Fordham, you must apply for renewal of your aid each year. Please take the following steps by the specified date:
All awards are annual awards and require the filing of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for renewal including but not limited to the following:
- Tuition Remission/Exchange
- All Federal Aid
- All State Aid
By June 1 or Two Weeks from Admission
Submit the 2020-21 FAFSA – School Code 002722
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. (School Code 002722)
- Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to transfer 2018 federal tax information into your FAFSA. If you are not eligible to use the DRT, use your 2018 IRS Tax Return to enter the income information manually.
- Sign your FAFSA using your FSA ID.
- Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy, make corrections if necessary, make sure Fordham University is listed and review the messages for any items you may need to take action on.
Submit the Enrollment Form included in the Financial Aid Guide
- Students who wish to receive a financial aid package must submit the Enrollment Form providing their registration plans.
Submit the 2020-21 TAP, Part-Time TAP or APTS Application (School Code 0245)
- New York State residents who attend Fordham University may be eligible for state assistance.
What to Expect: Next Steps
- All awards are subject to change upon verification of applicant data, change in educational plans, or notification of additional outside resources subsequent to the date of the award letter
- If you expect to receive outside aid or scholarships, you must inform the Office of Student Financial Services by June 1 or as soon as you are notified
- If you expect to receive tuition remission and/or employee reimbursement, you must inform the Office of Student Financial Services by June 1 or as soon as you are notified
- Accept, reduce or decline your awards online
By June 15 and Continuously Thereafter:
Log onto Financial Aid Online to:
- Confirm that the Office of Student Financial Services has received your FAFSA and other requested documents
- Review letters and emails from Student Financial Services requesting additional information
- Submit all requested information within 1 week of notification through our portal
Renewal of financial aid awards are subject to the following:
- Timely filing of the financial aid applications by the published deadline
- Availability of institutional funds at the time your application process becomes complete
- Continuing to demonstrate need for need based aid
- Maintenance of Satisfactory Academic Progress and required GPA’s
- Acceptance of the awards online within the time frame specified
Cost of Attendance
- We have projected a full Costs of Attendance (COA) including an average of additional expenses a student might incur.