How to Apply for a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan
Please allow a minimum of 3 weeks for the processing of your Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan Request.
Step 1: File the 20-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Step 2: Submit your Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan Request
Details to keep in mind when completing your loan request:
- The number of credits for which you plan to enroll helps determine your budget and loan eligibility.
- The University may decrease your loan amount if your actual enrollment is fewer credits than the number you reported on your loan request.
- If you choose a loan period that includes more than one term, your total loan amount will be spread evenly across the number of terms you choose
- If you would like to make any changes to your request, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org from your Fordham Email Address.
- Recommended Subject Line "Federal Unsubsidized Loan Request Adjustment"
- Recommended Body: "Please (increase/decrease) my Federal Unsubsidized Loan by ($xx) for the (fall semester/spring semester/academic year)"