Scholars Earn Prestigious Awards to Advance Studies
Despite the unprecedented global health crisis scholars are facing this year, the Fordham community has good reason to celebrate. As of May 11, Fordham students and alumni have received 105 prestigious awards this year.
Our student competitors receive generous support and expert guidance in their applications from our Office of Prestigious Fellowships.
Joshua Somrah, FCLC ’20, an international studies and political science double major and an anthropology and theology double minor, won a Fulbright English teaching assistantship to India. He’ll begin the nine-month program in June 2021—a year later than originally planned, due to the pandemic. Learn about Joshua Somrah.
Natalie Migliore, FCRH ’20, a journalism major with a minor in communication and culture, won three awards from the New York State Broadcasters Association for her work with WFUV this year. She is also a finalist for four awards: three from the New York State Associated Press and one from the Society of Professional Journalists. Learn about Natalie Migliore.
Aamnah Khan, FCLC ’20, a humanitarian studies major and peace and justice studies minor, won a Coro Fellowship in Public Affairs. Starting this October, she will participate in projects across multiple sectors in public affairs in New York City. The nine-month fellowship will culminate in a final independent project. Learn about Aamnah Khan.
Other Prestigious Scholarships Won This Year
As of May 11, other prestigious scholarships won in 2020 include:
- Joshua Somrah, FCLC ’20, to India
- Mobeen Ahmed, FCLC ’20, to Indonesia
- Jonathan Alegria, FCLC ’20, to Israel
- Stephen DeFerrari, FCLC ’22, to Tajikistan
- Valerie Márquez Edwards, FCRH ’17, to Mexico
- Sally Mo, FCLC ’20, to China
- Amanda Racine, GSAS ’24, to France
- Thomas Zuber, GSAS ’15, to Senegal and Burkina Faso
Fullbright Public Policy Fellowship
- Gregory Ferraro, GSAS ’20, to Cote d’Ivoire
- Morgan McGrath, FCRH ’22
Boren National Security Fellowship
- Megan Madeo, GSAS ’21
U.S. Department of State Overseas Summer Internships
- Megan Farr, FCRH ’22, to the U.S. Embassy in the Hague
- Ben Guo, GABELLI ’21, to the U.S. Embassy in London
- Alessandra Marino, FCRH ’21, to Germany
NYC Urban Fellows Award
- Mahbuba Hossain, FCLC ’20
Critical Language Scholarships
- Wilson Cooper, FCLC ’23
- Seana Epley, GSAS ’24
- Lea Phillips, GSAS ’24
Technology and Public Purpose Fellowship
- Devin Gladden, FCRH ’09
Department of Defense Cybersecurity Scholarship Program
- Patrick Mayrisch, GABELLI ’20
- Peter Jennings, FCRH ’20