Financing Your Fordham Education
Your education is an investment in your future and one of the most important decisions you will make.
At Fordham, we recommend you approach paying for your education with a comprehensive and realistic financing plan that you can sustain.
We recommend that you:
- Determine the amount of funds you have available to pay each year.
- Then determine an amount that you and your family can afford to pay monthly. Place as much as possible on the 10-month payment plan.
- If that is not sufficient, consider borrowing through the Federal Direct PLUS Loan or private loan programs to leverage the amount available monthly. If available, you may also consider borrowing funds against home equity, investments, a Supplemental Retirement Annuity (SRA), or loans on savings accounts.
- Make certain your plan is affordable over all four years the student will attend.
Determining the combination of financing options that serves you best is not an easy task. You may use our Financing Fordham Worksheet to design a plan that is right for you.
- Financing Fordham Worksheet for the 2020-21 Academic Year
- Financing Fordham Worksheet for the 2019-20 Academic Year
The guides below provide advice and instructions that can help you and your family understand the financial aid process as well as the financing options available.