The Communications major is permitted only for the Classes of 2019, 2018 and 2017.
To major in Communications (COMM), students must complete:
- Two introductory courses: COMM 1000 - Fundamentals in Communication and Media Studies or COMM 1010 - Introduction to Communications and Media Studies (Fall 2016 and before); and COMC 2329/COMM 1011 - Media Industries
- Two Media, Culture and Society courses: any course with a COMC designator fills this requirement (except COMC-2329)
- One Ethics, Law, and Policy course
- Three courses in ONE of the following concentrations: Film; Journalism; Media, Culture and Society; New Media/Participatory Media; TV/Radio
- Three electives in any of the five concentrations listed above